Monday, March 14, 2011

Butterfly and Mushroom Birthday Cake


edited


Working at a family owned chocolate and gelato shop has many delicious benefits! But it has also provided some awesome opportunities for letting out my creativity! Candace, gelato maker extraordinaire, got an order for a gelato birthday cake this weekend. We teamed up to create this cute cake. Candace made the actual cake, and Nicole and I did the decorating. The inside is dark chocolate, fig mascarpone, and strawberry balsamic gelatos layered between vanilla cake. YUM!! It is frosted in vanilla meringue butter cream. The mushrooms, leaves and grass blades are made of gum paste. I love how this turned out! Simple and whimsical.


On a hike not too long ago, I snapped this shot and have loved these little leaves ever since! I thought they would go so well next to little mushrooms so I wanted to try and recreate them in gumpaste.

edited 6

edited 3

edited 5

Nicole found these butterflies at Michael's. They were the perfect finishing touch!!

edited 2

edited 4

Hope you liked your cake, Sally!

No comments:

Post a Comment