Monday, January 17, 2011

French Bread with Sea Salt and Rosemary Butter

French Bread

I love bread. I have always loved bread. I often decide where I want to eat out solely based upon what kind of bread they serve. I love french bread, sour dough bread, bread pudding. You name it, I love it. And I also love to make it. For a while now, this recipe from Steamy Kitchen has been my go-to for french bread. It comes out perfect every time and it is quite simple and quick, considering it is a yeast dough. It makes 2 loaves.

014 (2)

I also made home made butter. Easiest thing ever! You basically just put whatever amount of heavy whipping cream you want into a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat it until the cream separates. It will look something like this.

001

At this point, strain the mixture by squeezing the liquid through some cheesecloth or even a kitchen towel. Return the solid butter to the mixing bowl and add sea salt and rosemary, or any other combination of seasonings you would like.

I love every single part of baking bread; kneading the dough, seeing it rise, the smell that fills the whole house. For me, it is one of life's best simple pleasures.

011




1 comment:

  1. you make the things i dream of even better than i could ever dream them!!!

    ReplyDelete