Thursday, January 20, 2011

Gnome Card

009

My good friend Nicole turned 21 on the 18th. She loves gnomes and woodland themes so I made her this little gnome card. I kind of envisioned that Nicole was having this awesome forest birthday party and a little gnome came along and started eying the cake!

I just printed a couple of key elements from the computer, like the frame and the gnome. Then I sat down with a big pile of colored paper, scissors, and glue. I didn't know exactly how I was going to set it up. It just sort of evolved, but there was definitely some unnecessary over construction due to the fact that I had no plan. Lots and lots of layers and gluing!

002


These flames were little nightmares!! Tiny tiny tiny. I used a toothpick to glue them.

004


Sneaky little gnome!

013

012

Little mushrooms!

006

Gnome Birthday Card

I really liked how this turned out and it was such a fun project for a very amazing person!! Happy Birthday Nicole!!!



3 comments: